Got it covered!

Today is absolutely gorgeous. We had to abandon the painting to go walk by the sea, just couldn’t waste this lovely weather. We’ll probably  go out again later and look for seals – one of the islands near by has a seal colony and they sometimes swim close enough to look us in the eye. I’m sure they’re mermaids or selkies and I try to see if they change as twilight falls… they’d need a good shave though – they have hairy moustaches worse than Mexican bandits.

I don’t know if God plays dice but s/he certainly uses Photoshop! I saw evidence of the Blur tool, various wet and heavy media brushes and one or two special effect brushes used to create the fabulous sky that was absolutely CGI and too gorgeous to be natural! Not gift-wrapped in rainbows today though – too dry and warm for a change.

We sat on the rocks and picked out cloud formations. I saw a ballet dancing bull, a teddy bear with a nappy on sitting on a stool and, truly, a pair of fallopian tubes with uterus and cervix! Talk about Mother Earth! Not as bonkers as the dream my partner had the other night though  – he dreamed I was cooking dead bees in the oven! Any ideas what THAT means?!

Anyway, just showing a simple bit of sewing to use up some nice fabric remnants.  I have lots of sketch books and like to just sit and draw as and when the mood takes me so when I saw some very pretty covered journals here:

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projects-ideas/bags-pillows/covered-journals_1.html

I had to try them. They’re surprisingly quick and easy and I might start getting busy for Christmas (Yes! Thinking ahead!) and get a few sketch books in and make covers to give away as presents. Daler Rowney do some nice small but fat ones that fit in all of my bags so a good size to do, I think. The books cost about €6.00 and the material probably around €3 if I bought the fabric in specially. That’s a special present for just under €10 euro. Not bad.

The small case is for a phone. I cut a flower stencil using the CR,  drew round and cut it from some felt, wrapped a ball of wadding in a different coloured felt and stitched it on top.

The birdy beady eyes are too big. I used the smallest creamy coloured beads I could find in my collection and they are too pop-eyed! He looks like he’s got goitre. I’m hoping to do a bit of city shopping soon so will see what I can get to replace them with.

I have lots of remnants but am coveting some real cute fabric I saw on Amazon (they sell everything these days). There was a happy vegetables fabric – all sorts of vegetables – with smiley faces in bright colours that made me laugh! Sadly, it’s expensive at £13.00 a metre so will keep a watchful eye and hope for a sale or make my own vegetables and applique them instead.

Off again. Hope wherever you are, you’re happy.

 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...