It’s a Wrap

Who doesn’t like to receive nice soaps and smellies? Trouble is, gift sets can run into pounds and pounds and so much of it is just fancy packaging – and we can do that for ourselves – right?

I don’t mind paying for handmade soaps as gifts.  that way the gift isn’t ‘cheap’ – a few pounds for one bar of soap isn’t cheap but doesn’t hit the purse too hard.

I wrapped up a nice bar of handmade (not by me) oatmeal and honey soap with some scraps of hessian and ribbon. Wrapped it all in some pretty cellophane and the end result looks sweet and thoughtful.  This one is a little thank you gift but I’m going to be making plenty more to make up a basket of bathtime goodies in time for Christmas…. it’ll be here sooner than you think.

Butterfly pop up card

Pop up cards are my favourite at the moment and have been busy making up templates and now have a nice collection… Sites like Robert Sabuda’s offer an excellent selection of easy to make templates as well as links to other sites around the world. The other sites offer inspiration only, in the main, so it’s up to you and me to figure out how they did them! I like a challenge and working them out is something I enjoy. The pictures below are from a card I made using a pattern from Marivi’s web site (converted it into folds and cuts in Illustrator so I could output to my Craft Robo). The template is so pretty.

Make a Simple Graphics Tablet Cover

I got some lovely fabric at Christmas and a graphics tablet – so what better than to use it to make a quick cover? It’s a simple tutorial

  • Measure your graphics tablet and cut out two rectangles about half an inch or so bigger all round
  • Cut out 2 pieces of foam or batting, a little smaller,
  • Cut  2 lining pieces, same size as the outer fabric.
  • Sandwich the foam between the outer fabric and lining.
  • Have the wrong sides facing and sew up three sides.
  • Turn right side out and insert a length of ribbon each side for the ties and stitch up. Done.

My little teapot

I have been busy making bits and pieces for various people locally. Somebody wanted a little paper teapot to pop a few fruit  or herbal teabags in as a gift. I’m going to use a couple and send magic sparkle dust and tiny wishes.

I worked out the template in Illustrator and used my Crafty Robot to cut it out. The paper was just plain white 160 gsm that I stamped beforehand.


*** This was shown on Create and Craft TV show as one of the promotional items for the Craft Robo*** I was delighted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...