Case of the E-Reader Solved

I’m in proper poke, pull, tug and faff mode today. Cupboards are getting a sort out. Fabric mountains are getting folded into submission and am getting ready to start making my favourite Advent Jubblies.

I make sweetie Jubblies for lots of occasions and always love how they turn out, you can see them here here, here, here and here! This time of year I look for the little Christmassy chocolates, the Santas, Snowmen and Cadbury miniatures, etc, to fill them with. The miniatures are becoming as hard to find as hen’s teeth and reindeer poo, though. They must have been discontinued as I haven’t seen them in a few years now. The really hard part, though, is not scoffing them all before December!

The same goes for the Halloween sweeties. We always buy a couple of big tubs of Celebrations, Roses, Quality St, etc, and big bags of chews. The hard part is not eating them before the 31st.

Anyway, Getting back to what I started, first I tidy up then become MrsMakeMessFun – that is the way of things.

I made the basics of an e-reader case a couple of months ago. Straightforward construction. Three long layers in a sandwich. Top layer with long lines of embroidery stitching, a batting layer and a lining layer.  They fold down to form a case, raw end inside covered with bias-binding then stitched together all round and bound with satin bias binding on the outside.

I had got as far as pinning and tacking the bias binding then just left it. I’m a bit rubbish at machine stitching bias binding. I have seen a good few You Tubes that clearly show me how bloody easy easy is it but I cannot finesse it. Drives me bats. So it was abandoned in favour of nicer, easier things to do.

Until last night. I put my big lady knickers on and faced up to it and stitched it down with a pretty triple zig-zag stitch. It’s not perfect but it’s my best attempt yet. Just as well, as it’s for an e-reader and is to be a birthday present for a friend.

Am pleased with my progress so am definitely improving. Having battled the bias and battened it down, I made it a button hole and stitched on a pretty wooden button.  Done. There were a few pieces of embroidered wadding around so I pinked the edges and stitched onto a luggage label to make a gift tag.  They kind of go together, what do you think?

Someone asked me why I put the ‘www.thesingingtree’ on the pictures – it’s because they can end up on Pinterest. How many times have you seen something on Pinterest and thought you’d like to visit the site and read/see a bit more only to find it’s a link of a link….? I have and have given up on many occasions.

Anyway, if you post pictures and want people to see them on your site as well as Pinterest, add your link on the image and that way they’ll find you.

Be good and play nicely.

Ells

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Case of the E-Reader Solved

  1. Naftoli says:

    Ellie,

    This blog is Great! you are really talented. I’m trying to download your photoshop tutorial on making a line drawing from a photo, but I cant figure out how to register

    • webmaster says:

      Hi Nefoli,

      Sorry about the problem with the download – issues with the old Download Manager that has since been replaced.
      I have changed the download function and you should be able to get it without registering now. Any trouble, drop me a line.

      Hope it’s useful and you find it easy to do.
      Ells

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *